Policies and Procedures
A Covid-19 update
Let me tell you that I can not wait to get back to work and scheduling portrait sessions again, I have missed my clients and the Planet Photo Tribe so much. I am committed to following the guidelines set out by the state of CT and my own common sense guidelines to do everything I can to protect the safely of my clients, their family and my own. I fully expect I will be updating these policies and procedures a few times over the next few months and I will do my best to accommodate the needs of all my clients.
- I will be wearing a mask during photo shoots.
- Shoots will be outdoors for the time being – as guidelines change I will add individual studio sessions.
- Long Distance Shooting – I will be photographing clients from a safe distance using a long lens during this pandemic. I have an amazing 70-200mm lens in my kit that was a favorite before this all happened!
- In-person Consults or Ordering Sessions – For the foreseeable future, I will continue with virtual consults and ordering appointments via zoom
- Style Closet Items – Because the virus can be transferred onto fabric, I am temporarily discontinuing my style closet, prop use, accessories, etc for now.
- Cleaning supplies on shoots – I will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes on every shoot and of course washing hands before meeting new clients.
- One Person Only Policy – clients are only allowed to bring ONE person to the shoot. Someone who can help adjust hair, fix a bra strap or clip clothing would be best so that I can limit ALL personal contact with clients.
- Professional makeup – we will follow the state guidelines regarding make up appointments. At the moment I will be offering a zoom consultation with my make up artist as in person appointments are not yet available.
- Sick Policy – If you or any family member shows any signs or symptoms of coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, fever, etc please notify me as soon as possible and your session will be rescheduled. Similarly, if any of my family member has symptoms then I hope you understand that I will also reschedule your shoot. Please try to give at least 48 hours notice if possible.
We will get through this together and find our new normal. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.